Judge Holden Was Here

Friday, November 24, 2006

It's field trip time again!!!


Hoorah. Field trips are always a good chance to take a few stupid pictures of myself. This month, we were at some sort of Korean history museum.


Too bad I can't tell you much about these buildings or what was in the museum. I spent most of the trip telling the kids to stay in their damn line.

I do know that the museum is centred around the palaces of the Joseon Dynasty, which ruled Korea for quite a few years until the Japanese Dynasty (1905?), followed of course by the current Soviet and American dynasties that split up the peninsula (1945).

Hoorah, history!


Pony tails and long hair and mullets are a part of Korean history! Wow, my country has those, too.

My favourite part of any history museum is the small scale sendups of past houses, cities, now-highly-illegal fishing vessels, etc.

And of course, the mannequins in traditional dress who are only four feet tall.


The best part is that the mannequins are realistic. I'm willing to bet that a five foot tall Korean was a giant up until a hundred years ago.

And I truly hope humans are still getting bigger. I want Shaquille O'Neals and
Andre the Giants to be more common, and if genetic engineering and eugenics are necessary, then so be it.

4 Comments:

  • Uhhh...I dont think the Koreans would refer to it as the Japanese "Dynasty" more like "Brutal occupation"

    PS: See "Musa" (aka "The Warrior") if you want to see a totally kickass Korean historical drama (Zhang Zhi is in it as well. She's not Korean and she doesnt kick anyone in the face, but still) Awesome sword fights as the Noble Koreans fight the perfideous Mongols/Guys from the North*

    *GET IT,OR IS THAT TOO SUBTLE?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • The Japanese Dynasty remark WAS a joke, Anonymous Andrew.

    Either I'm not as clever and transparent as I think I am.... or my friends are really stupid.




    Who ya got?

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 12:54 AM  

  • Its the former

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • They should do some kind of candid camera of Tim's day at school. I bet it'd be very entertaining.

    Well, at least for the people who know you.

    By Blogger Grace, at 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home