Judge Holden Was Here

Monday, November 06, 2006

The floors heat up!

It's cold tonight, so I've turned on my floor-heating thing for the first time.

Initial reactions:

1) It's funny. The floors heat up.

2) They don't seem to be heating up very much. I think I have it set to 70 degrees fahrenheit and it isn't very warm more than a few inches off the floor, which is where I'm typing this from. (If I'm paying through the ass for electric heating, I'm sleeping in the floor for the winter... Pictures to follow.)

3) This says a lot about Koreans. How short do you have to be to think that a heating system that gets progressively cooler above the ankles is a good idea.

4) This is an extemely lame topic to write about. I'm really stretching the imagination to avoid finishing my teacher's college applications.

5) If you're still reading. Get a life.

6) 'Lost' is as addictive as anything I've ever seen, although I should apologize to meth enthusists. I've heard good things about meth. Very addictive, they say.

7) GET FREE STREAMING EPISODES OF 'LOST' AND MANY OTHER SHOWS HERE... Honestly. This is the future of the internet, and it's better than global warming.

8 Comments:

  • SHUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT UPPPPPPP

    Everyone's gonna findout about the TV site and totally ruin it, making it go the way of Napster.

    PS: Do you think the Republicans will manage to achieve a "stunning" victory or a "crushing" victory tomorrow night?

    My bet's on "stunning"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 AM  

  • So you've jumped on the "Lost" bandwagon, too?

    Season one is near flawless television. Two is good, but three has been off to a rough start. I'm still holding out, though - the producers apparently mapped out the entire series, so I'm hoping that we start to get some answers (and that they're not lame).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

  • I dont' know how they can drag Lost on for so long... I just want to keep wtaching, because even at one moment of suspense per 41 minutes, it's still worth my time.

    Also, Micak, don't worry about the link... Nobody reads my crap anywya.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 12:50 AM  

  • Is "Lost" really worth watching (by buying on DVD)?

    Because the sense i get from people who are still watching it is that around season 2 its evident that they're jsut stretching it out and stringing people along.

    Also: may I recommend "Battlestar Galactica" (REMAKE).

    I'm not joking. Its the only good thing on television.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 AM  

  • I'm only on the first season, but already, I can tell they're going to have to spread the show very thin to pull off three seasons.

    However, it is a conceit that fits better in long-form than in a single movie.

    (oh god, did I just sue the word conceit? Jesus.)

    In movies like Castaway, the meat and potatoes are the scenes on the island, but with all the setup and love story afterword, you hardly get any of the good survivalist stuff.

    But three seasons? We'll see.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 7:25 AM  

  • yeah... my biggest complaint about the current third season is that you can tell that the writers are writing towards significant plot points and building the remainder of the series around them. the flashbacks aren't revealing anything new about the characters, the plot progression is agonizingly slow and as a result the episodes themselves can't really stand on their own.

    that said, i watched the first two seasons on DVD, so season three is the first time i've been subjected to things like commercials and... well, waiting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Yeah, I've thought about wtaching it on TV, and it must be horrible.

    So little happens each week, and even when I watch 3 episodes a night, it's still moving slowly.

    The best part of watching without commercials is how funny their stupid quick-fade-out trick is... It must work well on TV as a cliffhanger for each commercial, but watching what happens next immediately makes the show look poorly written.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 8:16 PM  

  • Take down your link to tv shows. I want them hidden from evil corporate eyes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home