Judge Holden Was Here

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Response to "Simo" regarding North Korea and me peeing my pants every night

There will be no nuclear exchange. (1)

North Korea has very few nukes, if any, including limited resources for sending them over any borders... The real danger to South Korea would be the last-ditch desperation attack of non-nuclear missiles sent here after the first strike where America annihilated any nuclear or large-scale destructive capacity North Korea has. The worst case scenario for South Korea is a hundred thousand dead in Seoul (ie. RIGHT HERE).

That said, Kim Jong-Il is not that crazy, and...

The U.S. "tough line on N.K." heartily includes a pledge "not to attack North Korea" in each press release or news conference.

The danger of N.K. nukes isn't that they'll be using them soon. The danger is that they'll threaten to sell them. Not to mention this nuke test was an inevitability for at least a decade. It probably has a lot to do with a South Korean being elected the head of the U.N.... They always make a ruckus whenever South Korea gets international recognition. (see. 1988 Olympics).

That said, I am worried for the first time since I've been here. The intensifying of missile and bomb tests has been a little disheartening, although I'm still not that worried that the last 50 years of peace are going to suddenly break down.

But no, I'm not as worried as the people at www.worldnetdaily.com and Fox News.

Endnotes
-------------
(1) I know, I know. Famous last words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home