Judge Holden Was Here

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wow, I actually left my apartment on a Sunday. This is some kind of record.

The weather has been highly bearable during the past two weekends, although it's still hard to break the wintertime habit of hiding in my room.

Anyways. I had nothing good to watch on my computer, so I actually ventured out to complete one of the tasks I've been meaning to do for about seven months now: find a bridge where I can walk across the Han River.

Well, I walked along the river past about five or six bridges today, and I still can't find one to walk across, but I did see and smell some nice garbage in the water.

I'm kidding. Most of the river and the streams leading into it are pretty, or at least impressive in scale, as swamped as they are with high-rise apartments and the odd factory.

I even saw a few things that bordered on the word "charming," which hasn't happened in months here.

For instance,


65-year-olds on roller blades wearing SHAQ backpacks.


Old dudes fishing in a highly polluted river and (if you look closely) giving me the tourist-y peace sign thing that they have no shame about here.


Everyone was taking pictures of themselves in front of these clustered apartment buildings, so maybe they're important or something.

(Also, do you like my new counterfeit hat?)


I finally found it! The Olympic Stadium, where Canada's greatest Jamaican set the 100m steroid record at the '88 Olympics. Video Here.

As you can probably tell, I wasn't all that close, so I'll have to chase the ghost of Ben Johnson and his magic running potion another day.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Tim, nice talking with you this morning. I hope you get this comment and it doesn't make your computer go DING" and wake you up. I really like the pictures that you take. Have a good week. Love Aunt Carrol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • I like my Aunt Carrol's comments a lot more than the spam.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home