Judge Holden Was Here

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Super Sweet Day

1) I got to see Jodi and Nick last night, my favourite married couple from Toronto, including a trip to Pizza Hut - the finest in Korean cuisine.

2) My friend Daniella is here, so hopefully I can see her on the weekend. It sounds like she might live in a more user-friendly part of Korea, meaning access to food, etc, so I'm kind of jealous... However, it sounds like she's doing a lot of crying about missing home, so maybe I'll avoid her for a few months.

3) This site is getting a ridiculous number of hits because of my Lonelygirl15 post. Two hundred visitors a day is more hits than I've ever gotten on any website I've had, so I sort of feel special.... You know what's worse? The most successful website any of my friends ever had was a poetry site! That's right, my friend Cindy Wells had a poetry website in high school that had 10,000 visitors a day... My friend Lee Mellor had a very successful serial killers site,too. (They could have made a mint these days with google adsense. )

4) People are reminiscing about Willow, the greatest movie ever made by George Lucas.

5) I get paid tomorrow! My first full paycheque, so I can't wait to see whether the contract I signed was actually legally binding or whether the fine print has put me in poverty in a region of the world I know nothing about.

6) I have a new fake name - Timothy Kornzer. I'll probably get into more detail later about why I dropped the "Blatchford" (including disapproval from the REAL Blatchford). I got the new name from a mispelling of my name by a student, and I thought it had a nice ring to it... Either Kornzer or Korzner, I'm not sure what sounds better. Doesn't it sound Jewish? Could that be a postive or negative? All commentary welcome .

6 Comments:

  • Haha, I eat enough Korean food, and I'm not eating those little fishes or any more fishcake. That stuff is nasty.

    Dried Seaweed though? Mmm.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 4:21 AM  

  • Pizza Hut and KFC.

    Jesus christ you're a Canadian ugly American

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 AM  

  • MMM, no, I'm not down with the spicy, so Kim Chi was a non-starter with me... although I do eat some when it's put in front of me.

    It's hard to eat Korean when they do American stuff even better over here!

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 8:23 AM  

  • First off, you must tell the story of the name change.

    Second, I prefer Korzner.

    Third, I will not comment on how Jewish it sounds.

    However, I will say that if people think you're Jewish because of the name, you'll be free to write nasty things about Israel and/or Jews and they'll think you're just a self-hating Jew and not a bigot.

    Depending on your desire to use your blog to spread anti-semetic messages, that could be an upside.

    By Blogger D-String, at 10:37 AM  

  • I just found out my friend is getting married. Her fiancee proposed in Italy, where they are currently vacationing. They've been dating since 2000. I remember their first date.

    I've taken to using facial creams in order to maintain the elasticity of my skin. I'm starting to decay.

    I made that blue arty picture of you in the asian mall my computer background. It replaces a picture of a half-naked man (I won't share which half was which) lying across a blue pick-up truck.

    I also prefer Korzner. More of a ring to it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • I agree.

    Korzner is probably better... So my student wasn't dead on with the name change, but she was close enough.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home