Judge Holden Was Here

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This Week in (forgotten) Pictures

Well, it wasn't the best week, but at least I found a reason to live.

Try to find it in the picture inside this picture...


Did you notice that the television is hanging on the wall? Even in a treehouse!

That's right, if every semi-prosperous Korean child six-and-under thinks that all televisions hang on walls, there's definitely a reason to live in there somewhere.

This reminded me of one of my favourite moments in life so far. It was about ten years ago and Howard Stern was talking to someone suicidal on the telephone. To cool him down, he says, "Hey, don't kill yourself. We're only a few years away from a 30-hour TIVO."

Indeed. It now strikes me that I have neither a TIVO nor a television hanging on my wall.

It might be time to read Marx again.


NEXT TOPIC:

Since I hate showing pictures of myself, I'll give you a picture of co-teacher Gord's backside instead.


I think this picture would look great on the dust jacket of Gord's pretentious debut novel.

It's funny because Gord is one of the only people I know who doesn't think they have a pretentious debut novel in him.


NEXT TOPIC:

On my first day here, I stumbled across a refurbished stream running through the downtown core of the city.

I live on the ass-end of it and this is the tourist-friendly beginning of it, which I finally visited yesterday.

[[ Please make up your own metaphorical crap about beginnings and endings and self-discoveries and fill it in here ]]


Ain't it pretty? They seem to be doing a good job of keeping out the hobos.

Oh, and this...


One thing I love about East Asia is that they aren't afraid to take a boring modernist nightmare (right) and throw green neon on the top.

6 Comments:

  • Neon green is something I just don't get.

    All the mosques here are covered in the stuff and they shine like giant raver glow sticks in the night.

    The effect is actually rather creepy. Reminds me of the green light you see under locked doors in horror films.

    By Blogger Grace, at 9:17 AM  

  • Nothing says progress like green neon. And aren't the memoirs from first-time authors more pretentious than other's debut novels?

    By Blogger D-String, at 11:31 AM  

  • Most debut novels ARE thinly-disguised memoirs.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 7:40 PM  

  • Oh man, does that apply to chick lit as well?

    I would be crushed if all 1 billion novels with bright pastel covers about big city clubs and restraunts, sex and the single girl(humping a lawyer and shenannigans), shoes(so expensive), eating chocolates and hanging with my best girls/sexually inactive homosexuals were nothing more than thinly disguised memoirs from Seven Sisters graduates who all look the same

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • Andy,

    Please re-write your last comment for clarity.

    C+

    - Tim

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 11:37 PM  

  • Chicklit sucks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home