Judge Holden Was Here

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Conservative Jesus PICKING ON Georgie Peorgie?

American politics is my favourite soap opera, so of course I'm keeping up with the plotlines, even if I'm stuck on another continent. Fortunately, the love of snickering at American presidents is universal. And so is the internet.

I present: William F'ing Buckley, the Conservative Jesus, calls out George Bush for being a poor leader.

And further, this stolen picture of Buckley at 81:

A good 50 years after he told history (and American 'progress') to stop, the founder of the awesomely influential National Review is as sexy as ever.

And no, Buckley did not create Buckley's cough syrup, although he did create Christopher Buckley, the writer of the early-90's bestseller, "Thank You for Smoking."

1 Comments:

  • I haven't read it.

    Don't you think I'm SUPER HIP for mentioning the book instead of the movie that JUST CAME OUT.

    I'm SO hip.

    By Blogger Timothy Holden, at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home